Academic Areas: Management Control Systems, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting
Courses Taught: Financial Accounting I and II, Managerial Accounting, Management Control Systems
Saikal Anvar kyzy is Assistant Professor at the American University of Central Asia. Saikal joined AUCA in 2009 as a student, and now she enthusiastically contributes to the development of her beloved alma-mater.
Saikal received her Master’s in Science (MSc) degree Cum Laude in International Management from Tilburg University, the Netherlands, in 2014, and was in top 5% of her class. Saikal earned her Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BBA) from AUCA in 2013. With a cumulative GPA 4.00 Saikal became a valedictorian of her graduating year. In 2016, as a Visiting Scholar she spent her Fall semester at Accounting Department of Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, USA.
After receiving her Master’s, Saikal joined local micro-credit company while working part-time at AUCA. In 2015, Saikal became a full-time faculty member at AUCA. Now she is teaching accounting classes and doing research on leasing market in Kyrgyzstan. Saikal is also working as a leasing consultant in the Union of Banks of the Kyrgyz Republic.
Saikal loves yoga, meditation and travel. She is a vegetarian and healthy lifestyle-follower. Saikal enjoys classical music, ballet, and believes that relationships should be the most valuable investments in this world.
ACADEMIC POSITIONS HELD
- September 2014 till present American University of Central Asia, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
Assistant Professor in Business Administration Department
- August 2016 – December 2016 Kelley School of Business, Bloomington, IN, USA.
- October 2015 – August 2016 American University of Central Asia, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
Head of Business Administration and MBA Departments
- 2013-2014 Tilburg University, Tilburg, the Netherlands.
MSc International Management, Cum Laude.
Thesis: Entry behavior of foreign banks to developing countries.
- 2009 – 2013 American University of Central Asia, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
B.A. Business Administration, Summa Cum Laude.
Thesis: Analysis of lease operations in Kyrgyzstan on the example of OJSC “Aiyl Bank.”
HONORS, FELLOWSHIPS & GRANTS:
- Recipient of Tilburg University Scholarship for Academic Excellence,
- Valedictorian 2013,
- May 2015 – December 2015 USAID BGI Leasing project, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan Expert
- August 2014 – July 2015 – “Ala-Too Credit” Microcredit Company, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Credit Specialist
- April 2012 – June 2012 “Baker Tilly Bishkek” Audit Company, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Intern
- August 2011 – December 2011 “KCJ” Microcredit Company, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Assistant of Chief Accountant
- 2012 – ENACTUS (former SIFE) AUCA, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. President
+996 312 915000 (ext. 463)
New Campus – room 215